- South Cache Soccer League 2020-2021 Competitive Team Tryout Information
- SCSL Spring 2020 Recreation Season Suspension
Dear Recreational Soccer Player and Parents,
We hope that you are staying safe, healthy, and well.While we were optimistic and hopeful that we would be able to begin league play and soccer activities the first part of May, based on Governor Herbert’s three-phase plan, recommendations from our healthcare partner, as well as all school and multiple field closures, we are unable to offer recreational team practices/games in May. Because the exact date of when we can resume games seems to currently be on a sliding scale, at this time we feel it best to hold off our Spring Season play and move our Spring Season to a 2020 Fall Season, which will run from the end of August through mid-October. Although the UYSA state soccer board, is not refunding for the spring season, we are offering every recreational player full credit for the 2020 fall season. A few questions that you may have at this point:
- What will I need to do to get my credit for the fall season? Nothing, we will automatically transfer your child’s registration to the fall season.
- What happens if the government opens things before August, will you start earlier? No, because it takes us time to work with each city to schedule fields, get coaches, makes schedule and such, we will not be able to throw a season together in a short amount of time.
- Will there be any other soccer activities this summer? We simply don’t know. Until there is more information released from the State of Utah on when youth sports can resume, all soccer camps, clinics, and such are still canceled. As things open up we will email everyone to let them know of opportunities available for your child.
- What if I have a child who plays COMPETITIVE soccer? Please contact your competitive coach for information on your child’s competitive team.
- What if I was wanting to have my child try out for a competitive soccer team this year? Please watch our website for information on this. The USYA state board is still working on options for tryouts based on the Governor’s recommendations.
Again we can not thank you enough for your understanding and patience as we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times. We know that the constant unknown has been hard, and I am sure we were all hoping for a quicker return to play, but in light of trying to follow safety guidelines, we feel like waiting until August to play is the best decision we can make under the current circumstances. Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you all at the end of the summer!
South Cache Soccer is looking for a new Director of Competition to sit on our board of directors. If you are interested in the position, or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.